First Day of Pre-School Outfit


In Claremont this morning thousands of students marched off to their first day of classes and I, for the first time in 21 years, did not have a “first day of school.” Maybe it’s just a product of my raising (yes Mom, I’m pointing at you) but nothing says “first day of school” to me like corduroy. It seems that I’m not the only person who thinks so, because Joann’s pulls out all the printed corduroy and puts it on sale every fall because they know I can’t resist.
I found a cheap pattern B5631 off the “see&sew” rack, to justify my expensive printed corduroy and made this adorable little size 3 sundress/jumper with about a yard of fabric. Then, while sifting through the drawer of kids clothes I am beginning to accumulate I found the turquoise girls shrug I made in the spring that just happens to be a great match. 

Although I am pretty much in love with the way that it turned out, I don’t know what I’m going to do with all these kids’ clothes.

Comments

Popular Posts