Good News Banana Flax Mini-Muffins

For the second morning in a row, I woke up today to find good news in my inbox. This morning's good news: my lab meeting this afternoon got canceled. Naturally I wanted to celebrate by using my morning for crafting and blogging rather than preparing for a meeting after work. With the 100˚ days we've been having in Upland lately, my bananas have turned black on the counter, and no one likes a black banana, so I decided to make some banana bread.
I adapted a recipe I found at food.com for these delicious and healthy little breakfast treats

Banana-Flax Mini Muffins
Makes 18

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flax seeds
2 over-ripe bananas, smashed
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine bananas, yogurt, egg, and vanilla and blend until moist.
Bake in a 350˚ oven for 13-15 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts