A Cupcake Timeline

This weekend I headed north to my parents home to celebrate the engagement of my brother Tom and his bride to be Angie. They asked me to bring a dessert for the party and I enthusiastically started brainstorming the perfect engagement cake. After watching one too many episodes of the cake decorating competitions on the Food Network I decided that I wanted to try to put together something unique to tell the love story of Tom and Angie.
Rather than try to make a tiered cake or fight with fondant, I made a slightly less ambitious "cupcake timeline" using carrot cupcakes and cream cheese frosting (Angie's favorite) to tell Tom and Angie's story.


When they were babies, their parents shared a little yellow duplex.

In high school, after not seeing each other for quite a few years, they went to the homecoming dance together. In May they went to the prom together, and Angie wore a bright red dress.

They stayed together through college at Chico State, seamlessly blending their groups of friends and families. (This, by the way, is supposed to be the mascot, not Satan...)

After graduation, they moved back to San Francisco together, and finally, after almost 9 years together, they got engaged.

Congratulations Tom and Angie! We love you!

Comments

Popular Posts