Data Camp T-shirts

 
This summer at the lab we're trying to actually get some analyses run so that we can get a paper out. Since we all have a little more time since we're not in classes, our advisor Jeanne suggested that we all spend a few hours once a week locked in the computer lab learning how to use Structural Equation Modeling Software. If you're anything like me, you are probably thinking, "Wow, that doesn't sound like fun."

Naturally, took it upon myself to make these weekly statistics sessions into something that the team would actually show up to. I started by insisting that we call it "Data Camp"--- because everyone has fun at camp, even if they are being forced to learn. Remember Yearbook Camp? Or Space Camp? Or Band Camp? Same idea. While that seemed to help a little, not everyone was as enthusiastic about camp as I had expected. So, I turned to bribery.

After downloading eight "woodsy" fonts, pondering camp titles for each lab member for a week, and about six trips to JoAnns for t-shirts, iron on transfer paper, and more t-shirts when I printed the logo out without mirror imaging it (to be fair, it was only once, on the last one), I presented the team with their official "data camp" t-shirts. I couldn't wrangle them all together for a photo, but I had to post my handywork, because they're pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.






Comments

Popular Posts