One Unique Cookie


Thanks to Hulu’s new obsession with the Newton Fruit Thins advertisement I found myself craving a fruity, oaty cookie. With a fridge full of fresh strawberries (I have no self control at the farmer’s market this time of year) and the reminder every commercial break to kiss everything that I know about cookies goodbye, I was inspired to concoct a strawberry oatmeal cookie out of what was in the pantry. Strawberries, oatmeal, I say go ahead and eat them for breakfast.


Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies
yields 18 smallish cookies

2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped

Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Incorporate oil, milk, vanilla. Add strawberries and mix well. The mixture will be somewhat dry, stir until the moisture comes out of strawberries and softens into a sticky dough.

Bake for 8-10 minutes at 425˚ in preheated oven. 

Comments

Popular Posts