Baby Quilts... so many baby quilts

You may recall just a few short years ago when I jokingly blogged about the many crafts of "wedding season." From flower girl dresses to ribbon wands to carefully made centerpieces, I dedicated at least 3 summers to wedding crafts. But, now, suddenly, the weddings have slowed to a trickle (don't worry, those of you still getting married, I'm just a text message away and your flower girls will be adorned in tulle!) and we've entered a new phase of life: Baby Season.

So, the good old days of wedding crafts are over and it's time for baby crafts, my favorite of which is the baby quilt. I've already written about the chevron quilt for baby Patrick, but over the past two years while I've been MIA I have worked on about 7 baby quilts.

It all started with my siblings and cousins having babies. First, I made a cowboy quilt for baby Bentley in Texas.



Then, when my other cousin announced that baby Tatum was on the way, I made a little lavender link quilt for her (and tried to bind it while pet sitting, which was a mistake)


My brother and his wife welcomed baby Bryce, and in the chaos that was a baby at Christmas, I didn't get a photo of it... but there were dinosaurs, and I tried out a new pattern that made me want to pull my hair out.


Then just as I recovered from the doubling in size of my family, my friends began to fall pregnant, which meant collaborative baby quilting with my Whitewater friends. It felt very midwestern, and I loved it. We made a science themed quilt for baby Jordi because his parents are biologists.


Baby Josie was born to a math professor and and engineer, so naturally, we went geometric.


As baby season in Whitewater came to a close, baby Rowan was born to Philosophy scholars... we didn't think that would make a very good baby quilt theme, so we aimed for his mom's favorite colors and his dad's traditional style with a funky log cabin.


Between October of 2016 and August of 2017, no one in my immediate inner circle had a baby (this was the longest gap since Patrick I'll have you know), so I was all to excited to dust off my sewing machine for this updated take on a chevron quilt for baby Greyson's darling hipster nursery.



So there you have it, a year in review of baby quilts. Now that I have that out of my system, let's get back to the good stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts