Pina Colada Cake Pops

I am one of those girls who can't show up to a party empty handed, so when I was invited to friends birthday party this weekend, I instantly set to work on designing the perfect cake pop for the occasion. Inspired by this Pina Colada Cake Pop Tutorial, I made my own version. In my experience, cake pops can be too sweet for even the biggest candy addict, and adding a coating of Candy Melts never helps the problem. So, for this batch I covered the cake/frosting balls with tempered dark chocolate instead. Not only was it much easier to melt and dip, but who doesn't love dark chocolate?
Aside from the dark chocolate swap, I made a few other modifications to the tutorial. Instead of a candy melt wafer, I used a wedge of Trader Joe's Vacuum Fried Pineapple, and instead of white nonpareils I substituted white chocolate chips.

Comments

Popular Posts