Game Day Baseball Sugar Cookies


 I was lucky enough to be San Francisco for a few of the games that inched the Giants into the Championship. What a time for all the stores to be filled with Black and Orange!
I wanted to bring something (other than beer) to a party, so I decided to put together from festive baseball sugar cookies. I used my FAVORITE no-chill sugar cookie recipe (you really don’t have to chill this dough before you roll it out, it’s amazing!) to make some super quick round sugar cookies.

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add baking powder and flour one cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Dough will be stiff. Do not chill dough. Divide dough in half. Roll each half about 1/8 inch thick. Dip cutters into flour before each use. Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet on middle rack of oven for 8-12 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.
Makes about 36 cookies.



The cookies were white enough (and I was short enough on time) that I just drew on some red stitching and served them. So, depending on how much you love frosting, you can try it either way. Unfortunately all mine got gobbled up before I could snap a photo of them, but here is a little inspiration if you want to whip up a batch. With this awesome no chill dough you could have them done before the first pitch!

Comments

Popular Posts