You gotta start somewhere


I haven't finished a knitting project in far longer than I'd like to admit. Despite a pile of half finished pussy hats and baby sweaters in my knitting bin, I haven't had the satisfaction of binding anything off since before I found out my niece was on the way (and we'll be celebrating her third birthday this June). 

As I packed up for winter celebrations in the cold last month, my favorite slouchy beanie turned up missing. It seemed like the right time to cautiously jump into something quick and easy. 

I really wanted to try my hand at this beautiful beanie from Ravelry in a daisy stitch, I decided to keep it simple and went with this Dotty Beanie from All About Ami.

Not ready to let myself buy any yarn, I found some forest green heathered yarn in my stash (should I have kept the packaging--- probably) and got to work. I made a swatches (I forgot how much I hate swatching), and got started (three needle sizes down, as usual). The pattern was perfect-- easy to follow and straightforward-- exactly what a needed to build back a little confidence in my knitting.

Three days later I had finished my first knitting project in 4 years and had a hat to keep me warm in Yosemite in December. It's not much, but you gotta start somewhere. 




Comments

Popular Posts